Driven by our growing reputation as consultancy leaders in Capital Markets, we are continuing to expand our global team.
This is where you come in, to join our team as a Consultant based in London.
Our consultants are responsible for a wide variety of tasks across a range of complex transformation programmes at some of the world’s leading financial institutions. This will be a crucial role through a period of accelerated company growth, where you will have the opportunity to work on innovative and impactful projects alongside a team of talented colleagues.
The Consultant will work with the Tonic team on client delivery and Tonic service definition, to ensure that we always:
1. Are able to support relevant client needs (both service & domain)
2. Deliver a high quality service to our clients
3. Are in a position to land and grow within new target markets and services
But why Tonic?
Asa smaller, agile and specialist consultancy, at Tonic you will be given direct responsibility and accountability from day 1.
For that reason, we need highly-motivated self-starters, who constantly want to develop and challenge themselves.
Individuals who pro-actively look for the answers to difficult questions, without waiting to be told by someone else. Individuals who propose next steps and solutions for team review, without waiting for instructions.
We will give our consultants the platform to succeed and progress quickly in their careers. We do this by providing a variety of delivery engagements, giving the ability to move across a wide mix of client types, domains and projects.
In addition, our consultants will be given plenty of chances to grow the Tonic business, improving their business development skills across crucial service definition and sales support tasks.
In parallel, we will give you plenty of support and learning along the way, including training, advice and ongoing direct access to our Tonic Co-Founders, Senior Management team and Senior Consultants.
As a Tonic Consultant, you will have a varied mix of key responsibilities, described below.
> Client Delivery
· Leading of critical transformation tasks, across a wide spectrum of client engagements
o Detailed client current state analysis (people/ IT& data/ process/ governance/ more)
o Data analysis and reporting
o Business requirements definition
o Vendor assessments and selection
o Target operating model definition
o Test strategy, planning, scripting and management
o Operational readiness, including creation of procedures
o Client training
· Creation of key project artefacts, which act as both Tonic’s ‘DNA’ and ‘IP’
o Current state analysis - Organisational charts, business process flows, IT & Data system architecture diagrams, data analysis pivot tables, etc.
o Target state definition - Business Requirements documents (BRDs), Functional Specifications (FSDs), Target Operating Models (IT & Data/ People /Process /Governance)
o Content Assurance - Review and uplift of content produced by Tonic team members, including PowerPoint decks, BRDs, TOMs, etc.
· PMO support, to ensure high-profile client engagements are kept on track
o Project status tracking, project reporting, RAID management, project team communications, escalations, etc.
> Tonic Service Definition
· Regulatory analysis, to ensure we can meet our clients’ evolving needs
o Interpretation of key regulations, creation of easy-to-understand regulation summaries and breakdowns for Tonic and client usage
· Tonic service definition, to drive the next wave of Tonic engagements for our clients
o Input to definition of new Tonic services to meet ongoing client needs, driven by regulatory and commercial objectives
· Sales support, to grow Tonic and your own business development skills
o Ongoing assistance to Tonic sales process with new and existing clients, including creation of pitch materials, attendance at sales meetings, and input to sales reporting and MI
> Tonic Team & Culture
· Onboard and mentor junior team members when they join Tonic
· Take an active role in recruiting new consultants via interviews and assessments
· Demonstrate a positive, inquisitive and ‘can-do’ approach to work
· Any additional duties as they arise as part of company growth, to be agreed on an ad-hoc basis.
Required Skills& Experience
· 3+ years' experience within Financial Services at a Big 4 consultancy, or other major consultancies
· Successful completion of a Capital Markets graduate scheme at a Big 4 consultancy or other major consultancy
· 2+ years' experience of Business Analyst responsibilities, including:
o Tasks listed within ‘Key Responsibilities/Client Delivery’ section
o Coverage of major IT/Data infrastructure transformation programs
o Experience of regulatory transformation programs
· Direct Project Management Office (PMO) experience, including project status tracking, reporting, RAID management, etc. Strong Microsoft Office application skills, in particular:
o Excellent Power Point skills
o Highly skilled in using Excel, including Pivot tables
· Strong data analysis skills
· Excellent and versatile communication skills, verbal and written, with all levels and types of stakeholders
· Strong organisational ability and attention to detail
Desirable Skills& Experience
· First-hand experience of collateral management and post-trade domains (clearing, custody, treasury, settlement, etc)
· First-hand experience of Risk management, including market risk, credit risk and more
· Experience of high-growth domains including Digital (DLT, Tokenization, Crypto, etc) and Sustainability (ESG, Climate)
· Cross-product experience, including derivatives, repo and securities lending
· A bachelor's university degree, 2:1 (or equivalent)
We are committed to providing fair employment opportunities to all our employees and applicants. We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities, gender identities, sexual orientations, marital statuses, races, faiths, and socioeconomic backgrounds. If you require any assistance throughout the interview process to improve your experience, kindly let us know.