Driven by our growing reputation as consultancy leaders in Capital Markets, we are continuing to expand our global team.
This is where you come in, to join our Senior Leadership Team as Global Head of Delivery, based in London.
The role will have full accountability and oversight of client delivery across a range of complex transformation programmes. This will also be a critical role through a period of accelerated company growth.
The Head of Delivery will manage relationships with both clients and the Tonic team, to ensure that we always:
1. Successfully meet our deliverables and provide a high-quality service to our clients
2. Keep our consultants motivated and engaged
3. Are in a position to land and grow within new target markets and services
You will also play an integral role in the definition of future company strategy and direction, ensuring that we build out our internal capabilities in line.
You will collaborate throughout with the Tonic Co-founders, our Operations Director and the rest of the Tonic team, for ongoing advice and support.
The Head of Delivery will have multiple key responsibilities at Tonic, described below.
The Head of Delivery will have overall oversight of all client-facing engagements, with full Tonic programme accountability, including delivery success and quality.
> Programme management of Tonic’s growing client book of work:
· Programme tracking and reporting, including delivery status tracking with Tonic teams, budget and profit tracking, and consolidated status reporting to Tonic Senior Leadership Team across all projects.
· Ongoing governance of engagement planning
· Delivery of RAID tracking, identification and resolution
· Helping Tonic teams in an advisory capacity, to ensure that they achieve client deliverables and provide a high-quality service, via:
o Preparing for key meetings, including Steer Cos and Working Groups, and internal governance meetings, chairing meetings as required.
o Ensuring all client materials produced are high-quality and fit-for-purpose i.e. plans, Steer Co decks, status updates, target operating model proposals, etc
· Ongoing partnership with Operations Director, pre and post engagement go-live, for any legal and commercial considerations
> Ownership of all client delivery communications:
· Build successful, long-term client relationships to achieve all delivery objectives, being the key point of contact for delivery items, escalations and remediation
· Diagnose any problems that arise quickly and define suitable solutions
> Responsible for Tonic’s delivery framework and methodologies, across all clients:
· Establish and own best practice delivery framework at Tonic
· Establish and maintain consistent delivery standards, tools and techniques
· Uplift and ensure usage of standardized Tonic templates at all clients
· Create a Rule book for all Tonic consultants to follow for ongoing delivery guidance
· Creation of additional Tonic and client-facing materials to ensure our consultants are able to deliver successfully
> Responsible for successful Client Engagement Readiness:
· Client Engagement Mobilization (Post-Sale)
o Identification of suitable candidates per engagement and new consultant needs, including creation of role specs
o Confirm team roles, responsibilities and delivery expectations
o Coordination with Operations Director to ensure contracts executed in a timely manner
· Responsible for smooth Engagement Kick-Off
o Management of Tonic team readiness
o Ongoing coordination with Client Sponsors
o Creation of high-quality client materials for Engagement Kick-Off
o Leading of Kick-Off workshops and early client meetings, as required
Team Management & Growth
The Head of Delivery will provide leadership to support the development and growth of the consulting team, ensuring that they continue to remain highly motivated and projects are effectively resourced.
· Management of global consulting team, including regular check ins on all team members to find and resolve any areas of concern before they escalate
· Create consultant training frameworks and learning opportunities for others
· Oversee performance across the team, including appraisals, performance reviews and development
· Take an active role in recruiting new consultants via interviews and assessments
· Build a motivated, energetic Consulting team to meet evolving client service needs, in line with Tonic strategy
Building the Business
The Head of Delivery will contribute to and help execute organisational vision and strategy alongside the Tonic Senior Leadership Team, to achieve ongoing profit and market growth.
· Ongoing identification of Tonic sales opportunities based on client needs, in particular cross-selling to existing clients
· Lead proposals and bids for new work, managing the delivery of high-quality service proposals, including services, plans, teams and commercials
· Creation of Client Statements of Work for contracted services
· Work with co-founders to expand our services in line with client needs
· Contribution to the growth of Tonic via the sharing of knowledge and experience
· Drive innovation by creating an environment that encourages forward thinking and being a leader in this area by implementing new and innovative ways of working
Any additional duties as they arise as part of company growth, to be agreed on an ad-hoc basis.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· Proven transformation specialist with experience of working in a similar Head of Delivery position at one or more international Financial Consultancies
· 10+ years’ experience within the Financial Services industry, across a variety of firms
· 10+ years’ experience of Project Management, with 5+ years’ direct experience of Programme Management
· Deep experience of successfully leading high-profile, high-complexity transformation programmes within tight timeframes
· Experience of rolling out best practice delivery frameworks across multiple organisations
· Capable of producing high-quality project documentation i.e. project plans, status updates, materials to accompany key stakeholder decisions
· Proven success selling consultancy services to clients
· Confident and strong communicator, with all levels and types of stakeholders
· Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects
· Ability to diagnose potential problems quickly and define suitable solutions
· Team leadership, management, and delegation skills
· Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
· Strong Microsoft Office application skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project and/or equivalent planning tools)
DESIRABLE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· Experience working within a smaller, growing organisation
· Experience delivering high-complexity regulatory programmes at financial organisations
· A first level university degree, 2:1 (or equivalent)
· A professional project management qualification – Prince 2, PMP, etc.